Friday, May 22, 2009

Interested? Interesting!

I was invited to a cocktail party this week that would be attended by foodies, beauties and exercise aficionados.  While sipping a great glass of pinot and nibbling on chef created designer appetizers, I chatted amongst the crowd that had gathered. I eventually found a group of women by the bar that I knew better than the rest, I was ready for some real give and take kind of conversation.  We covered all the topics: the gains and losses in life, love, weight and the economy! And then a gentleman walked up who would remind me of something important. He was in his 70's, quiet, intelligent and unassuming. He was a " twinkle in the eye" kind of man, a delightful and curious man!  My short time with him left me happy, hopeful and energized.
Once home, I began thinking of the different conversations I had that evening. We worry about everything from extra pounds, to aging skin. Reinventing ourselves to watching our children invent their futures. And that's just the start of it! So much worry.  And then I remembered this gentleman and the secret he revealed between his lines....Be interested while being interesting.  It's as simple as that.  What a formula! The best beauty/happiness product yet to be marketed and you won't empty your pockets while applying! Interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment