Sunday, February 28, 2010

To Paris On A Cloud

I'm off to Paris. I'm flying there but if I could substitute a plane for a cloud, I would.
That's what I do when I'm in the plane and we are taking off. I close my eyes and imagine that I am floating in a cloud and that calms my heart. At least part of my heart. The other part is beating so fast and that cannot be helped for I am in love with Paris.
When I arrive, I will find my favorite corner florist and buy flowers for my room. I'm staying for ten days, why not wake up to flowers each morning?
Then, I'll set back out and have tea in a favorite cafe and try to believe I am there. I have been traveling to Paris for over 27 years now and each time I find myself in amazement that I am actually there. It's a magic that I never want to stop feeling.
I'll pay homage to my beloved Luxembourg Gardens and the Medici Fountain.
And I will never stop enjoying people watching like this man in purple pants!
Laduree will call out to me as I walk by...."macaroons for sale!"
Once I've finished walking for the day, I will head to Place Furstenburg for some peaceful beauty.
For fun, I will head to Palais Royal and watch the children race their tricycles. The joy on their faces match the joy in my heart. Beauty is everywhere!
And then, when it is time to leave, I will frame all my thoughts, photographic memories and dreams into gold frames that will stay with me as though I've mounted them on the walls of my heart. Au revoir! A bientot!

No comments:

Post a Comment