Thursday, April 15, 2010

Can You Imagine?

...I almost missed it! Spring showed up in my garden and I was so sure we were still in the midst of Winter--I didn't notice. It's good to be sure about things in life, but it isn't good to be so sure that we miss something important.
My peony plant had bloomed and I was so busy with work, people, worry and life in general that I didn't notice. What else had I missed?
I was in the garden tonight cleaning up after the dogs....quite a mundane task at best and there they were! Three blooms. Three! They were hanging their heads as if they were sad...disappointed maybe, that noone had noticed them. We all know that feeling...
But there they were, in all their glory--holding strong until I could get there. This is my peony plant that Camille offered me for Mother's Day so many years ago. When it blooms, it is a heartfelt event for me. When I hold the flower in my hand, I see Camille's face smiling up at me. So very special.
And then, one thing led to another and I started noticing the colors and blooms all around me!
I think that reds and pinks will be my colors of choice for the Spring!
More peonies ready to be noticed!
And the Camelias already out and about!
Even the fallen blooms were alive with color...

And if in my haste and self-absorption I had missed all of this? Can you imagine?

No comments:

Post a Comment