Thursday, October 24, 2013

Moving Again!



In between homes and living in this "canyon" on Greenwood Lane has created a kind of stand-still feeling that has begun to feel uncomfortable recently. I'm not good at standing still and I don't ever want to get good at it!  I decided that I needed to jump into action and dance.

The mad search for my old dance bag began. The contents of the first one I found are pictured above.  High heel dance shoes and knee pads!  Can you imagine?  I could barely bend over after this class I had just taken and there were those knee pads staring up at me.  Tears sprang to my eyes as I stared at these archeological findings of my youth.  I closed the bag and reminded myself that I'm not going back but going forward.  When I found my next dance bag, it looked more friendly; low-heeled shoes and a knee brace.  I smiled and felt hope!

 My motto in this process is simple: no excuses, just go to class. This is my 2nd week and I still want to cry each time I finish class--happy tears because I'm doing something good for myself and sorry tears because I hurt so much.  The emotion lasts for a few minutes and then I remind myself to be kind, to take two Motrin and to head home to a hot epsom salt bath.  I've never taken yoga, but it is now my good friend as it helps me put myself back together on my off-dance days.  With all of this, I'm finding my way out of the "canyon" so to speak!

I like the quote: "Never stop looking for what's not there."  In the case of subliminal vs. conscious, I am working to keep my eyes open to life's silver lining opportunities.  They are the there in the what's not there!  In light of that, I kept hearing a voice say, if you are so uncomfortable, then move!  So, I'm doing just that--moving again!


No comments:

Post a Comment