Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Clafoutis


After a long day of walking, talking, eating, drinking and people watching, I am sitting down to a beef daubes, a petit vin de Bourgogne and an amazing cherry clafoutis.  If you've never had  a cherry clafoutis, run....run to your nearest French cookbook and look it up. Then tell yourself not not waste another minute deciding if you should make it.  Make it!  Rich butter crust with that creamy custard filling and the tart cherries adding the perfect pout to your lips.  It's a two for one; you get great taste and a terrific pucker!
So, my clafoutis came to me on my way home from a busy day in Paris.  I walked into one of my favorite epiceries in the 7th arrondisement and the smell of this clafoutis was everywhere.  Without a moments hesitation, I spotted it coming out of the oven and told the chef, "ca c'est pour moi!" He told me that he liked people who know what they want (with that French twinkle in his eye).  I, however, only had eyes for his clafoutis!  Let me just say that while people may disappoint you, a clafoutis like this one never will. I have told myself that I am going to cut it in four pieces and ration it over several days.....pray for my willpower!

No comments:

Post a Comment