Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Welcome Home


I spent time in the Ecole des Beauxs Arts today as it was open to the public for a special exhibit.  It made me dream and well up with tears going in there.  There is such beauty I can't even express it and it made me think of all of who I might have become had I known myself better earlier.  There was music playing that is impossible to describe except that it reached way down into my soul and stirred it all around.  Music one might hear upon arriving in God's chambers.  The exhibit was titled "Welcome Home".  
To see all these students working on their projects with such passion and confidence, false or otherwise, was inspiring.  There was this beautiful Adonis looking guy with curly long black hair dressed in baggy beige jeans and a t-shirt complete with the cigarette hanging from his mouth...he was installing his charcoal sketches in a room filled with sunlight and fresh paint.  He had 3 or 4 girls assisting him, buzzing around him like little bees. The one I liked was the girl with the chunky, short dark hair in a bright pink skirt with heavy black eyeliner.  She managed to pose provocatively while moving the sketches around.  Later I saw her in the courtyard laying down on a brick wall (not easy to do) with one arm dangling over the side holding the seemingly mandatory burning cigarette. She was not to be missed! Were they artists or pieces of art themselves?

No comments:

Post a Comment