Thursday, June 3, 2010

Feeding Success!

I worked a pretty full day today, June 3, 2010. It wasn't an ordinary day today as it is the day on which Camille K took the first steps toward producing its secondary jewelry line. With thrill and fear ( more thrill than fear!) I am choosing 15 pieces of my primary line to be reproduced in larger quantities. So with a bag full of jewels, I left my atelier to head home and work some more! Part way there I thought about dinner....hmmmm. Alain is in Tokyo, Camille is in London and I will be dining solo. What would I like? Yes! Sancho's fish tacos--the absolute best! That decided, I started thinking about the importance of the day and what I would do to seal Camille K's success. I'm always looking for a lucky charm, a sign, a way to wish, or a deed to perform to bring on the good karma! I pulled into a great parking spot and headed into Sancho's. There was a young man, bike helmut still on, ordering his dinner. It was his first time at Sancho's so he had a lot of questions...I was still occupied thinking about finding my karma moment so I was patient. When it came time for him to pay, the cashier told him they only accept cash. He stood there crushed while staring into his very empty wallet---no cash! And so it appeared that my moment had arrived. I asked him if he would mind if I paid for his dinner. He turned red and smiled and in a very timid voice replied, wow...thank you! He said that he wished there was something he could do for me. I told him that he already had...with his red cheeks and kind smile! And to myself I added, and you just contributed to the success of my business!
I have always believed that what you give out returns to you and so tonight I fed a stranger dinner, myself some fabulous fish tacos and I fed Camille K's success!

No comments:

Post a Comment