Monday, June 14, 2010

Grace

Many years ago I had a college friend named Bob. After college, Bob dabbled in dance and worked his day job at Measurex. Bob worked with Susan and Susan was looking for a dance studio for her daughter Aimee. Aimee became my dance student and when she was old enough, helped me with Camille. Camille loved Aimee and I was very fortunate to have a reliable, mature and loving babysitter. Fast forward (and believe me, life is moving fast) to last week when Aimee stopped by with her two lovely children, Nya and the baby, Teyo. Aimee has always kept in touch with me and I treasure our visits. She reminds me of the value of my teaching years and for that I am grateful.
Nya is so sweet and clever. I loved her moment in the old French bucket and her choice of stuffed animals from Camille's bedroom. That dog was one of my stuffed animals when I was a child. She is a charmer! And Teyo....well, he took me back in time. He reminded me of the joy and peace that is found in holding a baby. I closed my eyes and remembered my Camille...He fell asleep in my arms for the rest of the visit and I fell under his spell. His smell, his soft breath, his absolute trust in the person that was holding him--a perfect calm. The sun was shining, the breeze was gentle and I was in the presence of grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment